Another year of Zoom meetings due to the pandemic, but we continued to forge ahead.
- Compiled a list of equipment needed and approximate costs to do hybrid meetings so we can continue to include members who live at a distance while encouraging in-person interaction. (Hopefully this will come to fruition in 2023.)
- Automated monthly payment for Sue Trowbridge’s tech services.
- Added leadership history to website.
- Updated member bios.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER CHAPTERS
- We continue to benefit from chapters putting their programs on Zoom and inviting other chapter members to attend, usually for free.
- National has encouraged sharing of information between chapters and has created a site for posting meeting information.
EMPHASIS ON LOCAL AUTHORS
- Recognizing the talent we have right here in the Pacific Northwest, we had several successful programs featuring local authors.
- Changed “Member News” to “Around the Sound” to encourage participation by broadening the kinds of announcements and information people post.
- Membership at the end of 2021 was 47, currently we have 60 members.
- Held small in-person meetings at Third Place Commons in addition to regular Zoom meetings.
- SinC National pre-approved us for a $400 operations grant.
- Once again we were able to save some money since we weren’t paying for meeting space. (It can be used next year to finance equipment needed for hybrid presentations.)
- Checking Account Balance on 12/19/2020: $1,771.18; as of 1/30/2022: $2,858.00; as of 12/28/2022: $4,319.52.